Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sewing Machine Voltage

       "You will not find my peace by engaging in excessive planning: attempting to control what will happen to you in the future. That is a commonly practiced form of unbelief. When your mind spins with multiple plans, Peace may sometimes seem to be within your grasp; yet it always eludes you. Just when you think you have prepared for all possibilities, something unexpected pops up and throws things into confusion.
       I did not design the human mind to figure out the future. That is beyond your capability. I crafted your mind for continual communication with Me. Bring Me all your needs, your hopes and fears. Commit everything to My care. Turn from the path of planning to the path of peace."

                                       ~from Sarah Young's Jesus Calling for September 17


It is no coincidence that I read that this morning. Turn from the path of planning to the path of peace. I've been thinking on the idea of peace lately. I've been reaching out for its tail as it seems to pass me by. And I've been praying about peace. My life seems pretty out of control at this juncture. A few reasons being:

We sold our home 7 months ago and have been living with my parents ever since (homeless)
We sold both of our vehicles in the past month (stranded)
All of our earthly belongings are in a storage container in another city (fragmented)
I'm supposed to be homeschooling our boys, but all of our textbooks and supplies are packed up (bored)
Our bank statement can't be right (poor)

Peace is kinda lacking, as you can see. The amount of planning I need to do right now is seriously overstimulating. We are moving overseas soon. There is so much to do. There are so many to do lists accumulating on real paper and in my mind. I have never had to calculate the amount of books we have (29 boxes, if you were wondering); I have never wondered the voltage of my sewing machine or the precise centimeters of our dog's crate. There are diversions everywhere, little details that have to be thought through.  But can I, at this early morning hour, turn away from all of that and turn toward the Prince of that which I seek?  Here's hoping.









No comments:

Post a Comment